24 Learning: Peter F Drucker Quotes

24 Learning

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Peter F Drucker Quotes

This link takes you to some great quotes from Peter F Drucker, the business consultant. I loved this one.

Teaching is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. In teaching we rely on the "naturals," the ones who somehow know how to teach.

What do you think? Is he right? I have certainly learnt a lot 'about' teaching in the course of my carreer but does this make me a better teacher? Maybe it does to some extent. I think there is certainly some truth in his quote. There is also a great challenge in it to teacher education providers. What are the characteristics of the 'great' teachers you remember. I believe that the most significant characteristic is passion. A passionate maths teacher can make maths come alive for his/her students. Many successful people when asked this question refer back to a particular teacher who turned them on to science or art or drama or music.

What is your passion and are you passing this on to the people you work with? Am I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home