24 Learning: Wow! School is exciting

24 Learning

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Wow! School is exciting

Well! I've been at school for one week now and I have to say it is going to be a great year. Working in a team teaching environment seems to me to have a huge number of benefits for the children. Freeville School is such a friendly place with a really great atmosphere. I am thoroughly enjoying learning with the pupils in learning team 4. We have joined the Photo365 for schools project on flickr. There are some great photos starting to be discovered. It is early days yet and I am finding my way with all the things one has to learn at a new school. I'm excited by the focus on learning that I see happening everywhere.

I'm also into study for the Masters of Teaching and Learning paper I have enrolled in and have to say I am finding it hard to get back to reading academic waffle again. I do enjoy the study normally so I'm sure I'll be ok once I get into it. The last few years have been really focussed on ICT and I am quite looking forward to thinking about some other things for awhile. I have to write a reflection about the place of research in daily classroom practice and I'm starting to think I might look into team teaching as a research focus. If anyone has any good links for team teaching research I'd love to know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree team teaching has man benefits for the children. I am team teaching NE - Y2 and in my humble opinionit is powerful for meeting needs and much more focussed teacher time.
Jody Hayes
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1638

7:18 pm  
Blogger Rachel Boyd said...

Hi Paul,

I see you too are at a new school this year... it definetly takes a while to figure out how things are done! I must say I haven't really had the time to even update my blog!

We've also joined the Flickr Photo a Day for Schools and I'm looking forwards to getting more into that when I'm back from Learning @ School.

Regards, Rachel Boyd

1:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home