24 Learning: 21 Classes

24 Learning

Thursday, March 22, 2007

21 Classes


I'm always on the lookout for web2.0 tools that are teacher and child friendly. I know Classblogmeister is available but I haven't had a reply to my request to set up a class blog. I saw 21classess on Will Ricardson's blog and thought I'd have a go. So far it seems pretty easy. It is a bit light on features like templates but I'm just exploring at this stage. The 2mb limit for a free blog space might kill it for me. Also the fact I can only have 50 blogs is a bit of a downer cause we have 64 children in the class. I know, I know, I could just register two classes but that is more hassle. I'm not yet convinced about it but it certainly is worth playing with. I'll set up a few kids and see if I can get them enthused about it. I'd really like a free, ad free, blog/podcast combined that will allow teacher management of content and comments and unlimted student accounts. Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogmeister would be my recommendation Allanah's Blogmeister

Unlimited child bloggers that you can separate into classes if you want to.

Totally add free.

You can decide on what level of control you want over viewing and commenting.

Great for reflective practice. Each child with own log in.

Blog unlimited photos and podcasts hosted in Flickr through Flock Browser.

Run by Dave Warlick who can get busy when he is touring the world giving keynotes.

Give him another email and he will respond. I think he is in some odd palce at the moment.

I have just started this blog so it hasn't had child input just yet but it is all set up to go.

Jody and Tom at Our Lady of Lourdes in Palmerston North are experts at it. Look under NZ in the home page of Blogmeister.

11:35 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,
That would be me ... your first ever comment girl .... Jody. (Allanah you are too kind!)
Yes I would ONLY use classblogmeister as it gives you security of ALL posts and comments coming through your approval. Flick me an email hayes@olol.school.nz and we'll have a chat and try to resolve any issues you have. David sends the code out automatically to set up a new class. It is all absolutely FREE. Sometimes there are minor glitches (like with naything). So ... request a code again and it should happen. I'm sure it would have been a glitch.
Look forward to hearing from you.
http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=1638
Jody Hayes

7:22 am  
Blogger Jack Francis said...

Paul.

Zac Chase and I are talking about a blog for my 9th grade Language Arts class. I'll keep you posted on what we come up with.

Jack Francis
Sarasota, Florida

3:47 pm  
Blogger Paul Wilkinson said...

Groovy. Do that. Cheers

8:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home