24 Learning: Voice Thread

24 Learning

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Voice Thread


This is an interesting looking tool. Might be easier to use than podomatic to create podcasts. You can embed or link to the voicethread you create. One downside I can see is that you have to record via the macromedia recorder on the website. My experience of this in podomatic is that the quality isn't that great. Also it requires a microphone plugged in. I have been giving my iPod with attached microphone to the kids to record podcasts for our class. We also use audacity to manipulate the audio and get rid of all the umms and ahhhs and hesitations. I'd say it is worth looking at but I'd like to see them add some audio editing tools like jumpcut provides for video.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool- I think this idea will catch on.

Here is my first Voice Thread

I didn't know that you do podcasts as well. I loved Leah's poetry. Excellent

10:52 am  
Blogger Paul Wilkinson said...

I just had a reply from voicethread to say they will be adding the ability to upload audio. This will be worth coming back to. I couldn't get yours to play Allanah

Just starting with the podcast. I wanted it to be reasonable quality material rather than just rubbish so have not rushed into it. We do have some more poetry to post in the next few weeks though. The poetry is all their own work. Great isn't it!

6:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home