24 Learning: Mashup Thinking part2

24 Learning

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Mashup Thinking part2

The concept behind 'mashup', as I understand it, is that parts of different media are merged to create something new. The more I think about it the more I think this is a good analogy for where we are heading in education. I blogged yesterday about 'Mashup Thinking' but I also think we need 'mashup' in a whole lot of schooling. Mashup Curriculum. Mashup Classes. What would Mashup schools look like? There is discussion in the blogosphere about School 2.0 and I guess this is where this idea fits.

I have had conversations in the past with teachers being very disparaging about home schooling. Maybe the public school system has something to learn from home schoolers who are creating 'mashup school' for their children. Mmmmmmm! Food for thought. I'm just musing here really and have to develop my thinking a lot more around this issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home